Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy Girl (Recording)

So.
I've spent the last couple weeks in and out of the studio.  Working on the new record.  After so much time and hard work doing things I don't necessarily love to save up the funds for this, to be in the studio is a dream.  I love every second of it.  I even love the things I hate:  the stomach aches from sitting in one place for too long, the psychotic nerves the first time I record a vocal(when my voice seems screamingly loud in my head phones no matter how much I turn it down), the pain that shoots down from my shoulder to my wrist after playing piano for ten hours straight.  It is all so good.  Whenever I worry about whether I should keep trying at this career, whether or not it's time for me to quit making records and just sing to myself in my room, I should go into a studio.  To remind myself that it's one of the few places in the world where I actually feel like I belong.
There is still so much more to do, and even after it's done, there is the promoting of the record, the touring and the photos and the facebook-updating.  All the stuff that gets me to you.  So even though I can't play you anything just yet, know that it's coming.  And picture me where I am in the above picture because that's where I'll be most of the time.  Yes?  Ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment